This recipe uses Let's Matcha's high grade matcha green tea powder. Now available at LetsMatcha.com
Matcha Chocolate Chip Cookies
(Makes a dozen cookies)
- 1 tbsp Let’s Matcha powder
- 1 ½ cup all purpose flour
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ½ cup Earth Balance Buttery Spread (room temperature)
- ¾ cup raw cane sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1 egg
- ½ cup chocolate chips
1) Preheat oven to 325℉ and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2) Sift the flour, Let’s Matcha powder, and baking soda together.
3) In a separate bowl, whisk together the softened Earth Balance and raw cane sugar. Once fully mixed, add egg and salt. Mix until smooth.
4) Combine the dry ingredients and wet ingredients. Add the chocolate chips.
5) Roll the dough into (approximately) two inch balls and place on baking sheet.
6) Bake for 10 to 12 minutes.
7) Remove from baking sheet and transfer onto a rack to cool.
We like to use raw cane sugar because it is unrefined and adds some texture to the cookies. If you prefer, however, substitute with ¼ cup granulated sugar and ½ cup packed brown sugar.
If you prefer a gluten-free recipe, we recommend almond flour, which can be used at a one-to-one ratio with all purpose flour, although it may require a stronger binding agent. If this is the case, scramble an additional egg in a separate cup and add approximately half.
For a stronger matcha taste, add an extra tablespoon of Let’s Matcha powder to the mix! The recipe would also go great with white chocolate chips. Let us know in the comments how the recipe turned out for you, or if you have any other suggestions to jazz up this recipe! Let’s Matcha!
To order our matcha, click here.